Friday, October 23, 2009

Montanvale Carriage Show




I recently spent the day photographing a carriage show at Wayne and Ruthann Gavitts' Montanvale Farm in Forksville, Pennsylvania. As you can see it was a lovely fall day, the best time of year in this part of the world!
Here's the link. Make sure you check out the Coach Dog class photos!

Larry Bason is shown driving the Gavitt's veteran campaigner, Mohamed Knockout, a National Show Horse. "KO", as he is known has shown at the Arab shows with the whole Gavitt family for many years but I got the idea by the way he trotted by me that he really loves being driven! I joked with Larry later that I was surprised they didn't get a speeding ticket :)

I have been photographing the Gavitt and Bason families for many years and it is always a joy for me to photograph horses that are happy and the familes that love them.

No comments: