Saturday, June 12, 2010

NC PAHA Show


I have been photographing this Arabian Show in Hughesville, Pennsylvania for over 20 years and it is always a pleasure. Some of the people I photographed as juniors at this show in the 80's now have their own children competing!
When I made the decision to drastically reduce the amount of events that I officiate at this was one that I kept on the schedule. I enjoy the location, the people and horses and it has a friendly, supportive atmosphere that I wish could be the norm at horse shows rather than the exception! Not only that but the exhibitors go out of their way to let me know they appreciate me, something that seems to be rarer and rarer with many show photographers struggling with poachers, moms with cameras and people lifting images without paying.
Here is a link to some of my favorites from this show. Enjoy!

No comments: