Friday, April 8, 2011

New Orleans to Kentucky




On my last day in Florida I stopped at the Museum of Natural Science in Gainesville and spent some very enjoyable time in the Butterfly Rainforest there. I then spent a day in New Orleans visiting my oldest daughter Shelby. We had a perfect evening to stroll around the French Quarter and enjoy the sights, followed by a delicious dinner. I don't know when I will visit this wonderful city again as Shelby plans to move to Boone, NC for three years to achieve her Master's Degree, and I will miss it!

The following day I travelled to Tennessee to experience Mule Days in Columbia. Mules of all shapes and sizes were there and I stayed for part of the day to photograph the parade and wagon train. On the final leg of my trip I stopped in Kentucky for a really special photo session with the great horse Rhett and his partner Jim Koford. It was a real honor for me to spend some time photographing this pair and capture their special bond. It is sessions like this that make my job really special, and I think there will be some really great achievements in their future, so keep an eye on this pair!

No comments: