Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Babies and the Big Valley

One fairly recent discovery I have made is the Big Valley in Pennsylvania.

I make an effort to visit this area at least once or twice a year, the Amish lifestyle is fascinating to me and it is always a treat for me to see this beautiful part of the world.

While most people think about the Lancaster area when the Amish are mentioned I have found this area far more unspoiled and picturesque. In the spring the fields are full of working teams planting and haying and the lovely farms and well tended fields are always a feast for the eyes.

 You never know what you may find around the next corner and I always feel like I have stepped back in time when I have spent some time here.

With more and more farms and all the accompanying land becoming abandoned and derelict it gives me faith that there are still people who steward the land and keep old traditions alive.

Here is a gallery of images from this year's visits to the area, and also a gallery of foal images (password: foalgallery). The Big Valley gallery has images of early spring (March) planting as well as June haying and field work. The password for the foal gallery is foalgallery.

For more information on the Amish this is an excellent site.

No comments: