Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Delaware County Fair

Today I am going to share some images from an event that takes place in my own back yard. The Delaware County Fair is one of the oldest agricultural fairs in the country and well known for it's farm shows and exhibits. Our little town gets visitors from around the world during fair week!

The fair barns are full of all types of livestock from rabbits and poultry to cows, goats, sheep and of course horses. My own daughters showed goats and chickens through the 4H program at the fair and it is a wonderful experience for kids to learn the responsibility and joys of animal husbandry. They are now grown up but I know fair week has a special place in their hearts with many special memories.

I return every year to the fair to see the horses that come from around the state to compete in the horse shows that run every day of the week. From miniature horses to team penning, gymkhana and barrel racing to draft horse hitches and pony pulling there is always something horse related going on.


Here are my galleries from the horse show and draft horse show.

No comments: